See quiz link at bottom of page when done reading ths orientation page.
Welcome to the North Central Washington Gun Club’s online orientation. The following online guide will provide you with all of the information needed to pass the short online orientation quiz. You must pass this orientation quiz before your range membership will be activated.
The Four Rules of Gun Safety
The following gun safety rules must be observed at all times at the range. Failure to observe any of these rules may result in you being asked to leave club property.
- Treat every firearm as though it is loaded.
- Never point a firearm at anything you do not wish to destroy.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until the sights are lined up with the target.
- Know what your target is and what lies beyond your target.
General Club Policies and Information
Below is a list of policies that have been enacted by the Club’s Board of Directors, and general information.
- When on the firing line all firearms must have actions open and pointed in a safe direction when not in use (Excluding cased firearms)
- All firearms must have the actions open and no one is to touch any firearm, or part thereof, when people are down range.
- Shooting hours are 7 AM until dusk except for club sanctioned events.
- You will need to go to a separate orientation for the 500 & 600 yard firing lines. Contact one of the Range Officers. Names and phone numbers are listed on the bottom right of this website.
- You must have your membership card at all times when on club property.
- Each member is allowed two guests on club property. The guest must be with the member and the member is responsible for their guests.
- Marijuana or illegal drugs of any kind are strictly prohibited on club property. No alcohol consumption allowed on club property during shooting events.
- No shooting off club property. Bullets must land on club property.
- When the Club is closed for racing, members are not permitted to be on any range for any reason without board approval.
- Hunting is not allowed on club property.
- Pets must be on leash at all times.
- Children and minors under the age of 18 must be supervised by an adult range member at all times.
- Club membership cards cannot be loaned to others. Membership cards are not transferrable.
- Dirt-biking or four-wheeling is not allowed on club property.
- The speed limit within the gun club is 10 mph, this applies to all vehicles operated or driven on the range.
- READ the posted signs.
- Club Range Officers (RO) and members of the Club’s Board of Directors (BOD) are authorized to check memberships and enforce the Club rules.
- RO and BOD have the authority to remove members at their discretion for flagrant violations of club rules.
- RO and BOD have the authority to suspend club membership for a members flagrant violation of the club rules. That member may approach the Board of Directors at its next scheduled meeting for possible reinstatement.
Targets and Ammunition
This section covers club-approved guidelines for the safe use of ammunition and targets.
- All bullets must impact the backstop.
- Rifle steel targets must be AR500 and set no closer than 300 yards, with a down angle.
- No full metal jacketed rifle ammo allowed on any steel targets.
- No tracer or incendiary ammunition is allowed on club property.
- Pistol steel targets may be mild steel and used only in designated pistol areas.
- No trash, junk, TVs, cinder blocks, exploding targets, etc may be used as targets. All targets MUST be up off the ground and in line with the backstop.
- On the 300 and 100 yard rifle ranges, no targets allowed closer than 100 yards, and only cardboard/paper targets allowed.
- The covered 100 yard firing line is for rifle or pistol at 100 yards only. The covered 50 yard firing line is for pistols and rifles only. Targets must be up off the ground and in a straight line of sight to the backstop. No targets on the ground.
- No broadheads or firearms may be used on the archery range.
- No aerial targets may be shot on club property except during club-sponsored events.
- Do not shoot club signage.
- Shotgun slugs are allowed for use only on the John Wayne (North-most) outside bay.